Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Plunged!

Well, I didn't plunge but Ryan did! I stayed inside a nice heated 84 degree pool, watching the snow fall while Ryan was out in the snow plunging into the Chesapeake Bay. You might think he is a little crazy but then so are the other 10,000 plungers! This past Saturday Ryan raised a ton of money for the Maryland State Police Polar Bear Plunge. This year over $3 million dollars was raised by all of the plungers and the proceeds go towards Maryland Special Olympics.

Ry is probably somewhere near the Krav Maga Maryland sign

Now, if you are from Maryland you know Saturday was cold. I don't think cold is the right word... freezing, bitter, arctic even... but not just cold. The weathermen couldn't seem to figure out what was going to happen on Saturday. The forecast went from 1-2 inches all the way up to 6 inches of snow within just a few hours! I think the high was 18 degrees and the water temperature was a whopping 34 degrees. With the windchill it felt as if it was anywhere from -5 to 5 degrees... burrrrr! Plus, once he was out of the water he had a hard time finding his towel because all the snow covered it up!

I know this is a small picture, but that is Ryan (the guy on the right w/o a shirt), in the water in just his swim trunks

Yes, it was freezing, snowing and miserable but, it was all for a great cause! And when he finally arrived home, Foxxy and I were waiting with a warm blanket, hot chocolate and a movie to sleep through.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh it looks so cold! I don't know how he did it, and didn't freeze!! good job!

    ReplyDelete

 

avandia