Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Blame This Guy

Look at him. Doesn't he look so cute, so innocent?

NO!! He is a scardy-cat! Who is scared of their own shadow?!?!

February 2nd was Groundhog day and when did we first hear of the "Snowpocalypse of 2010"? I don't remember exactly BUT it was right around Groundhog day. The sucker saw his own shadow, ran into his little hole and now we have 6 more weeks of winter. Therefore, he deserves it all! All 30+ inches of snow, BOTH blizzard warnings we have had in less than one week, and the responsibility of paralyzing Maryland (and half of the East Coast). Now, if I were him, I wouldn't show my face to anyone under the age of 18 until at least 4th of July. Those kids will be in school for half of the summer!

Snowpocalypse Part I (Feb 5-6th):

When I first heard we would be getting 20-40 inches of snow I thought someone was exaggerating a little bit. But then, everyone got 20-40 inches of snow. Where I measured, it was only 24 inches but there were drifts of 30+"! It would have been wonderful IF:
  1. Ryan was home with me
  2. I didn't have a swim meet that weekend
  3. It wasn't so close to the end of the swim season
  4. I had a sled

Because the snow started mid Friday, Ryan still had to go to work. Luckily, he was able to get off 2 hours early but, he didn't make it all the way home that night. Just as he promised, he called me right when he hopped into his car to let me know he was on his way. About an hour and a half later my phone rang. Ryan had only made it about half way home since he called (we only live about 25 miles away from where he started). Luckily, the half way point is my parent's house. He told me he was going to stay at my parent's house until the storm had passed and the roads were somewhat cleared.

So, Ryan stayed with my parents, my brother and my sister for 2 nights. He enjoyed their GINORMOUS TV, my mom's spaghetti, and love from Honey Bear (she was nice enough to let Ry sleep on her couch).

Honey Bear and HER couch

Now, I was smart enough to know that there was a possibility that Ry wouldn't be able to come home so, my other sister, Alicia, decided to move in for a few days (or a week) to keep me company. Once the blizzard stopped Ry ventured the rest of the way home. The roads and highways were a mess but, he made it home! He was home for a whole 2 days before "Snowpocalypes" Part II hit. I will get to Part II in a few days, but for now, enjoy a few pics from Part I!

Right outside our condo

Foxxy investigating the snow... and yes, that is the TOP of the picnic table!


Foxxy and her new friend, Lady, who LOVES to roll around in the snow!

She loves her ball!

When Ry finally made it home

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia