Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Staycation 2010 (Part I)

The first two months of the summer, Ry and I barely saw each other. I would leave the house around 5 am and wouldn't come home until 8 or 9 at night. I would leave for work and he was sleeping, and when he came home from work, I was passed out. I was exhausted. The two things that kept me going were:

1. I actually liked my jobs... most of the time
2. Ry and I were headed to LA at the end of Aug

I have never been to the west coast and I was so excited! I couldn't wait to see the Hollywood sign, go shopping, eat at great restaurants, ride on those tour busses that show famous people's houses... I could go on forever. I also knew that Lauren Conrad and I are destined to be BFFs... we just need the chance to meet.

Unfortunately, a huge change of events occurred and Ry couldn't go out there for training anymore (that is what started the whole trip). My dreams where shattered. No big bus tours, no Hollywood sign, no shopping on Rodeo Dr, no new BFFs. But, I wasn't going to let that stop me from having a vacation. I worked way too hard and didn't see my husband for 2 months! So, I started planning "Staycation 2010". We agreed that we wouldn't travel anywhere too far away but we would take little day trips over 2-3 weeks.

The first day trip we planned was to head down to southern Maryland. First, we visited with Ry's parents and met their new puppy Marley Mae. She is a beautiful black lab but, she will only weigh about 35-40 lbs (perfect size if you ask me). We brought Foxxy over and they instantly became BFFs. They played for HOURS together wrestling with eachother. Eventually, the two dogs tired themselves out so Ry and I headed out to Solomans Island.

We had a great time walking around Solomans Island even though it was rainy and nasty outside. We walked down the boardwalk, went into little shops and walked around looking at beautiful houses right on the water. Solomans Island is pretty small so we decided at the last minute to drive down to St Mary's College and walk around there.

Ry hates these pictures but, we need proof that we were both there together. Once we train Foxxy to take the pics we will be good to go

I kind of love them <3

A few pictures of Solomans Island



As we drove down, the skies parted (for real this time) and it was BEAUTIFUL out. We brought the dog's Frisbee out and all played together as the sun set over the water. No, it wasn't LA but, it was a great trip for the three of us to be together again. We got to catch up on the last two months and have fun together.

Playing with the Bambushka

Goofing around

An end to a perfect day

So, I don't want this post to go on forever so, I will update in a day or two with the rest of Staycation 2010. Other trips that are included in Staycation 2010 are: Kings Dominion, White Water Rafting in Harper's Ferry and a weekend trip to Ocean City Md. (not the Jersey Shore).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia